Sunday, June 29, 2008

CAMPING!!!

This past Saturday was the first Saturday of the semester that I did not have to be at the hospital. My roommate Julie really wanted to go camping so we invited a few boys from the ward and went. We had a great time! One of the boys owns a motor bike and so he gave me a fun ride and it was gorgeous! While we were on our ride a black bug flew into my friends ear. Not just around his ear, but it actually flew into the hole! He was shaking his head around trying to get the bug out and at that moment we both remember that we saw an episode of "Trauma: life in the ER" and this exact thing happened to a man where he was getting stung by a mosquito over and over in his ear. I'm pretty sure at this moment we both got more panicky and so I started to blow in his ear trying to get it out. IT WORKED! I looked in his ear and saw a little part of the bug and so I motioned him to get it out. He told me to get it so I stuck my finger in his ear and retrieved the dead bug...poor little guy, he was probably just as scared as we were! Afterwards we just laughed and now we have a funny story between the two of us. Other than that, I think the mosquitos were on vacation because I did not get bitten once, I felt super lucky. We left the campsite early the next morning which was perfect because none of us were grumpy campers yet. This weekend Julie and I are off to Montana for the 4th to visit our friend Bonnie, I am very excited and I'll have to post pictures later!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really glad to see the helmet! That boy is pretty lucky to have you around, with me his ear would have been eaten up. love mom

Petersens said...

Ha ha. Your post made me laugh. I don't know why it took me so long to check your blog. I want to encourage blogging! I'll post comments faster next time.
I missed your call today. Call me back tomorrow when you get a chance. I want to talk to you!